Our goal at the Trusted Referral Network (TRN) is to build a strong community of independent marketing, sales and advertising professionals and facilitate business referrals among members. Our directory website (trustref.net) supports this objective by making it easier for members to find and connect with others based on their areas of expertise, industry focus, geography, and other parameters such as company size, or average project size.
Your 6-month trial membership or sponsorship of the Trusted Referral Network entitles you to post one free listing about your business. Before you can submit a listing, you must be a registered user of TrustRef.net.
Follow the instructions below and/or view this account setup tutorial to claim your account (or setup a new one), and then complete your profile.
Claim your Account
If you received an email from us with a username, it means we have already set up an account for you, but you will still need to claim the account by updating your password:
- Click the “Forgot Password” on the top bar of the website.
- In the pop-up window enter the email address to which the new listing notice was sent.
- Check the “I’m not a robot” box and then the “Send Password” button.
- In the email that will be sent to you, click the password reset link.
- Enter a new secure password of 7 or more characters, confirm it, and click “Reset Password”.
- Click on the success message window and enter your username and new password to login from the login pop-up window.
Set up a New Account
Skip this section if you claimed an existing account (above), otherwise to register with new account:
- Click “Register” on the top bar of the website.
- Enter a new username – note that your username cannot be changed later.
- Enter a secure password of 7 or more characters that you will remember.
- Enter your First Name and Last Name.
- Fill in the Email and Phone Number fields with contact information for how you wish other members and TRN to reach you.
- Click the two check boxes and the “Register Now” button.
- You will receive a welcome email with your registration credentials, but you will not be required to confirm your registration via that email.
- Simply click on the registration success window or click Login on the top bar to login with your new credentials.
Complete Your Profile
Upon registration, your profile will only include the basic information you provided. To enable other members and prospective customers to reach you more easily, we strongly recommend that you do the following after you have logged in:
- Select the Profile link under the account menu on the top blue bar to open your profile page
- Add your business phone number, website address, and LinkedIn URL to the form
- Add a photograph (200px W x 200px H) of yourself, rather than a logo or other graphic since as headshot images add a layer of trust to your listing and to the network.
- Click the Update Info button at the bottom of the form to save your information, after which your photo should appear on the profile page.